Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

iggy987

I'm trying to enter my property tax on my Illinois return every time i enter it turbotax makes me review it and will not accept it ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

I'm trying to enter my property tax on my Illinois return every time i enter it turbotax makes me review it and will not accept it ?

Since you are unable to enter your property tax data for the Illinois property tax credit, please first delete your cache and your cookies. To do so, you can follow the instructions on the pages How to clear your cache and How do I delete cookies? If the page still fails to load, then you can try using a different browser. 

If you continue to encounter problems, please recheck the following:

• You must be qualified. You will qualify for the property tax credit if your principal residence during the previous year (in this case 2022) was in Illinois, and you owned the residence, and you paid property tax on your principal residence.
  • You must have entered all of your data on the federal screens and your adjusted gross income (AGI) is within limits. Your AGI must be less than $500,000 if filing joint or less than $250,000 for any other filing status.
  • You must enter all of the necessary information for your property on the screens leading up to entering your property tax, including your county and the Property Index Number (PIN). 

I was able to successfully add the credit onto a mock tax return once all the above steps were completed. 

If you need further assistance, please respond below and we can assist you further. 

For more information, please see Section 100.2180 Credit for Residential Real Property Taxes (IITA 208). 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies