paulo-alzaga

I'm both employed and self-employed. Where can I deduct my phone/internet expense. It says under job-related, but it only asks me for my job, not my own business.

WillK

Your phone and internet expenses should be deducted under your self-employment business. When start entering in the business information you will enter in the business profile (review this carefully, the answers you out here will help the program know what else you need to enter and generate), then move on to the business income. Once you enter the business income, then you will be taken to the inventory screen, then expenses, then assets. If you do not have inventory, you can skip this, and then you will be taken to the expense page

You need to calculate how much you use your cellphone and internet for business and how much you used for personal use. 

For example, lets say your cell phone bill was $500.00 (used 100% of the time). You calculated that you used your phone 30% of the time for business and 70% of the time for personal. So $500.00 multiplied by 30%= $150.00. You can write off $150.00 as a business expense, and $350.00 would be a personal expense.