shykatt2000

I just submitted my tax return and under the earned income credit portion for my son one of the boxes said was a child under the age of 24 or younger than you

There were two boxes to check yes or no and neither one of them were checked

KrisD

Yes, you are correct. If you look above Box 4, in Box 3 it says "If born after 1998 and the child is younger than you... skip line 4a and 4b; go to line 5." (Please see the screen shot below) The print is a light blue so easy to miss. 

In your case, box 4 should be skipped. 

Your paperwork was filled out correctly. 

Thank you for your observance and alerting us to what you thought was a potential problem.

At TurboTax we do everything we can to produce a quality product. 

Thank you for using TurboTax. 

KrisD

In your case, box 4 should be skipped. 

Thank you for using TurboTax.