user12191940

I installed a new geothermal heating system for my home & hot water in 2018. can I deduct this on my 2018 federal tax?

Texas Roger

Yes. The energy credit for geothermal heating is in place through 2019. It is a non refundable credit meaning you must have a tax liability for it to offset in order to get it. If you are unable to use it all on your 2018 tax return, the unused portion will carry forward to next year. 

user12191940

Where do I deduct the Geothermal cost on my return using Turbo Tax Deluxe??
Texas Roger

Type energy credit in the search box and click on jump to energy credit.
Texas Roger