Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

navrescarl2
Returning Member

I have reservist expenses, but turbo tax says reimbursements are higher than expenses, so I can't deduct. I don't have and didn't enter reimbursement. Can you help?

Unreimbursed military reserve expense for travel exceeding 100 miles.  No mileage charges (used govt. vehicle) and no hotel, just per diem.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I have reservist expenses, but turbo tax says reimbursements are higher than expenses, so I can't deduct. I don't have and didn't enter reimbursement. Can you help?

Thanks for your service!

You may have had a code "L" in box 12 on your W-2 form and an amount listed. This would represent your reimbursed expenses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
navrescarl2
Returning Member

Thank you for the response.  I do not have an "L" on my W-2 as I do not have any reimbursed expenses.  What else might be the issue?  

navrescarl2
Returning Member

Does anyone else have this issue with the software not calculating and adding the meals expense (the 50%) deduction to the 2106 form?  I do have any reimbursements on any W-2 and I did not enter any reimbursements.  Yet, turbo tax tells me that my reimbursements are more than my expenses.  Is this a software glitch?  As a last resort, I may have to delete everything and start over, but even this may not resolve the problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies