Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have medical expenses to enter, and it won't let me jump to Schedule A. It says it has everything, and won't let me revise it.

What do I do? I have $4716.26 worth of medical expenses, and I forgot to enter them. Now TurboTax won't let me go back and enter them, because the website says it has everything it needs, and won't let me revise my entry.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have medical expenses to enter, and it won't let me jump to Schedule A. It says it has everything, and won't let me revise it.

You can only deduct a an amount of total medical expenses greater than 7.5 percent of your AGI.  Will that limit the deduction in your case?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

Did you already file your 2023 income tax return?  If so, you will need wait for that return to be processed before possibly filing an amended return.

As Bsch4477 mentioned above, unless your total medical expenses exceed 7.5% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), your tax return will not change and you may not need to do anything since your total tax amount would not change from what you originally filed.  For example, if your AGI is $100,000, then your medical deductions would need to exceed $7,500 to even be deductible on your tax return.  And that deduction would only come into play if you were able to itemize.  

Please see this link for details on the differences between itemizing or taking the standard deductions.

@wstankosky 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies