britta1228

I have expenses that I need to enter but I don't exactly know where to enter them.

I had to take two tests in order to be a legal practicing Dental Hygienist.  I set these up during my classes while attending Minnesota Comm. College.  How do I enter these expenses

rjs

Expenses needed to meet the minimum requirements for a profession, or to qualify for a new profession, are not tax deductible.

If the tests were part of your college program and were given by the college, and you paid the testing fees to the college, they should be included in the tuition and fees on your 1098-T, and you can include them in the expenses you claim for whatever education credit or deduction you qualify for. But if the tests were given by a state licensing board or some other professional organization that is separate from the college, then the cost is not tax deductible.

rjs