Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lizzo_30

I have always filed my property taxes, but always forget to send them in to get the refund. How many years back can I go?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have always filed my property taxes, but always forget to send them in to get the refund. How many years back can I go?

which state?
lizzo_30

Minnesota

see my answer below.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

If you file before April 15, you can get a refund as far back as 2015.

You can amend returns that have been accepted by the IRS. If your return is pending, you won't be able to make any changes until it's accepted or rejected by the IRS. If you don't know your e-file status, we can help you check it

Be sure to print out a copy (or save a pdf copy) before making any changes.

Select a tax year for specific amending instructions.

Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your return (or 2 years after you paid the tax due, whichever is later) to file an amended return, which means you don't have to get it done by the April 15 filing deadline.

OP is asking about a State Property Tax refund.

If I miss the August 15 due date for filing for the Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter's Property Tax Refund, what can I do?

You can still file for the refund. You have one year from the due date to file and claim the refund. However, if you file the return more than one year after the due date, you will not receive a refund.?

https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/Pages/FAQ.aspx?WebId=92cadb1c%2D9eaf%2D4224%2Dbd10%2Ddd165c1d5354&Ow...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies