Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lenniemex

I have a lot of medical expenses but not enough to deduct. Do I have to put anything under medical? Do I have to fill in cost of premiums to prove I have coverage?

I have had medical deduction in past and probably will again in future years so don't want it to look suspicious if I put in 0 this year.  Just hate to go through all those receipts for no return.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I have a lot of medical expenses but not enough to deduct. Do I have to put anything under medical? Do I have to fill in cost of premiums to prove I have coverage?

It doesn't look suspicious. The IRS understands that things change from year to year. You don't have to include them. You indicate insurance coverage in the Healthcare section of the return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

It doesn't look suspicious. The IRS understands that things change from year to year. You don't have to include them. You indicate insurance coverage in the Healthcare section of the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies