I have a 1098 from my original mortgage company an...

I have a 1098 from my original mortgage company and a substitute form 1098 from the company my loan was sold to. Do I enter them both? Will it prompt me?

You need to find out what period of time the mortgage interest was reported to determine if you need to enter both mortgage interest statements. If you need to enter both forms, you will see a blue box that prompts you to add another 1098 once you have entered the first one.

the 1098 and the substitute have different interest amounts and.  do I combine them?

how do i find that information