Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a 1095-A and a 1095-C

Hello,

I worked part-time from January 2023 to July 2023 and then in August I got a full-time job that paid my health insurance. Why don't I quality for the premium tax credit anymore? It is saying "Be sure to let the Marketplace know when your circumstances change. This will help ensure that any advanced payments of the Premium Tax Credit are adjusted so you don't owe a large repayment with your tax return." I did let the marketplace know and I canceled this insurance in June when I got a full-time job. Now its saying I owe $1,500 is this accurate??

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I have a 1095-A and a 1095-C

The credit depends on your income for the full year.   Since your estimated income was lower than your actual income, you don't actually qualify for the credit or the subsidy payments you already received.    Had your income been what you estimated it to be when you enrolled, you would have qualified for the credit.   It is based on annual amounts - total income, family size, and zip code.   If your estimates caused you to receive subsidy payments you did not qualify for, you have to repay them on your tax return.   So yes, it does correct, unfortunately.    Had you not notified the marketplace, the amount you are paying back would be a lot more.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies