j4p3l3ch

I have $1,135 in investment expenses. My software says I need $876 to claim yet it will not take the remaining portion. Why not?

CherylW

Are you talking about the 2% limitation?

According to the above calculations, you should get $259 on line 27 of your Schedule A.

Did you beat the standard deduction (see chart below) with your total deductions?

Turbo Tax gives you the higher of the two.

CherylW

j4p3l3ch

HI This did not totally help me.  As the statement in the software says that I only need $876 to qualify, yet it is $876 above what I already included in order to qualify for the deduction 2%.  Looking at Schedule A, Line 24 is $1200 but line 27 is $2076, thus I need $ 876 more to qualify.  Not just $876 in total.  Thus Line 27 on schedule A = $0.  This should be corrected to explain this more clearly.
Thank you.