Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have $0 tax due on state plus Homestead Credit for $428 and a Property Tax Credit of $65 but my refund is only $428, why is this not calculating correctly?

This is a simple return, normal wages <$12,400. The return shows both credits but is not capturing the $65 in the calculation.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I have $0 tax due on state plus Homestead Credit for $428 and a Property Tax Credit of $65 but my refund is only $428, why is this not calculating correctly?

What state is it? Remember that we in the Community cannot see your private tax data, so help us help you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State return is for Wisconsin.  

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Which property tax credit are you referring to? The Renter's School Property Tax Credit? The Homeowner's School Property Tax Credit? The Eligible Veterans and Surviving Spouses Property Tax Credit?

What are your amounts on line 10, line 24, line 25, line 34, and whatever line your property tax was on (and tell us which line number it is)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies