Solved: I don't have a box 2 on my 1099-SA which says earnings on excess contributions. Last year I did. Should I just leave it blank?

I don't have a box 2 on my 1099-SA which says earnings on excess contributions. Last year I did. Should I just leave it blank?

Yes.

Having an entry in box 2 is actually an unusual case. It means that you contributed too much to your HSA, but then took back the excess before the due date of your tax return - the IRS wants to know what earnings (like interest) you had on that excess money while it was in the HSA, so they can tax it.

Unless you over-contribute again, this is not likely to happen again.

Yes.