Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did a refinance in 2016, staying with the same lender. I have two 1098 forms, how do I enter the info? Do I total the mortgage interest? Loan origination dates?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did a refinance in 2016, staying with the same lender. I have two 1098 forms, how do I enter the info? Do I total the mortgage interest? Loan origination dates?

Don't total it; there are obviously two different loan origination dates, so they need to be entered separately.

You can Add a Lender (even though they're the same) on the Home Loan Deduction Summary screen.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mikano
Returning Member

Hi, I receive form 1098 and in box 3 Mortgage origination  date is 2016. I tried to refinance two yrs ago and it didn't go through, what Am I supposed to do now when I filed my taxes ?

If your refi didn't go through, then there's nothing to deduct. Enter the date on your 1098 into Turbo Tax.
mikano
Returning Member

Enter the year 2018 date into Turbo Tax, Also on that 1098 form in Box 1 , Box 2 and box 10 I need to include the numbers into Turbo Tax right ?

Yes, make the 1098 on screen exactly like the one you have in your hand.
mikano
Returning Member

Great Thank You for your Help !

Don't total it; there are obviously two different loan origination dates, so they need to be entered separately.

You can Add a Lender (even though they're the same) on the Home Loan Deduction Summary screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies