Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cant clear an error for high deductible coverage we did not have this I cant get it to clear?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I cant clear an error for high deductible coverage we did not have this I cant get it to clear?

Do you have an amount on any of your w-2s in box 12 with the code W?    Those amounts represent contributions to an HSA account.   You must be enrolled in a high deductible health plan if you contribute to an HSA.   

You should walk back through the HSA interview in TurboTax and review your answers to the HDHP questions (see #4, most common error).    The questions in that section only relate to your coverage dates and type (individual or self) for HDHPs you had during 2023.   If you did not have an HDHP during 2023, your answers should be NONE.  

To get back to the HSA and HDHP questions, search for HSA and use the Jump to HSA link, or you can get there by going to Deductions and Credits >> Medical >> 1099-SA HSA, MSA >> Start.  

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for hsa and select Jump to hsa.
  3. Answer the questions until you get to the Let's enter your HSA contributions screen.
  4. Make sure you didn't accidentally re-enter the amount already listed (from box 12 of your W-2) as this will incorrectly double your total contribution amount.
  5. Continue through the HSA screens, making sure you answered all questions correctly.
    • If you overfunded your HSA last year but withdrew the excess by the due date of your 2022 return, answer No to Did you overfund your HSA in 2022?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies