Ask the Experts about Life Changes in 2021 >> Event happening TODAY!
alanalain1982

I can't find a way to remove the the part saying my daughter recived child care for 2016.She was in school and didn't get child care AT ALL.

IsabellaG

You'll need to get back into the Child Care Credit section and delete all the information.

To get back in to the Child Care Credit section, go to Deductions and Credits, and under Child and Dependent Care Credit, select Edit/Add

• On the screen where you are asked Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2016? say yes (it’s the only way to get in to change your answers.
  • On the screen Here are your care providers. Next, we'll get your expense infodelete the caregiver(s) you entered by clicking on the trash can icon. See the screenshot.
  • On the screen Pick a dependent and a provider, and tell us how much you paid, do the same thing. Delete the information by clicking on the trash can icon.

• Continue through the screens to the end of the section.

IsabellaG