Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TC61
Level 1

HRA and PTC

We receive reimburse for premiums through an employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).  Therefore, we are not eligible for Premium Tax Credit (PTC).  TurboTax is requiring us to complete column B of the our 1095-A from the Marketplace, which was blank.  When we do this TurboTax automatically calculates the PTC.  In the past column B was not required and not PTC was calculated.  We can't seem to find a way to get around this and file correctly.  How should I enter so that we can file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

HRA and PTC

From ThomasM125:

You should not enter the form 1095-A information in TurboTax. You are not required to complete Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit unless you received advance premium tax credits or you qualify for a premium tax credit, which you do not.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

HRA and PTC

We received reimbursement through an ICHRA for two months in 2022 and then received APTC for the other ten months. The 1095-A for the two months that were reimbursed shows $0 for both months under Part III, column B. Turbotax will not accept $0 in the field. When I follow the directions, if the amount shows $0, it has me to put the same amount as what shows in column B on the 1095-A for the other ten months (where we received the APTC). When I do this, it keeps generating a tax credit for the two months that we received reimbursement for and I know I cannot receive the credit. I have searched everywhere for an answer, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

TC61
Level 1

HRA and PTC

Got it.  Thank you for the help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies