Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kman22

How to make adjustments and designate Nominee recipient on 1099-B in Turbotax Premier

Hi all,

I have been searching the Internet for hours and can't find a recent solution that works.  I am filing separately from my spouse this year as we have an atypical situation of a large amount of medical expenses.  I am in the process of trying to add our 1099-B income from our joint brokerage account to my return as the 1099B was issued to my SSN.  However, I want to make sure that I divide the income from the 1099B evenly between my wife and I's return.  For the life of me, I can not find any option in Turbotax Premier (either the Online version or the Desktop version) to make an adjustment to the amounts and designate a nominee recipient on form 8949 (code N).   There is simply no option after I have entered all the sales from investments to make an adjustment and I am stuck with all of the gains on my tax return.  

I have read multiple prior questions on this topic with various solutions but they simply do not show up on my version of Turbotax.  Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

How to make adjustments and designate Nominee recipient on 1099-B in Turbotax Premier

If you are using the desktop version of TurboTax, you can bring up the Capital Gain/Loss Adjustment worksheet by searching for it while using the Forms option. There, in part II you will see an option to manually enter the adjustment code "N" and the adjustment amount. 

You can download your online TurboTax program to your computer so you don't have to re-enter all of your information when you transfer to the desktop version of TurboTax. You will see an option for that on your left menu bar while working on your program in TurboTax. Look for the Tax Tools menu option, then Tools, then see the option on the right to  Save your 2023 return to your computer.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies