Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to correct software linkage errors regarding dividends & foreign taxes on Form 1116?

I go back to the original interviews re dividends & enter the info that I want the foreign taxes to be entered on From 1116. All of my data are correctly entered on the worksheets & the Form but I keep getting error messages in Smart Check & am blocked from filing return.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
pk
Level 15
Level 15

How to correct software linkage errors regarding dividends & foreign taxes on Form 1116?

@e-bushueff12-gma , while I am not familiar with the screens for the on-line version, I am just wondering  about 

(a)  Is  the foreign taxes paid on dividend / interest earnings more than the  safe harbor amount of US#300 per filer ?  Sometimes it is better ( tax liability wise  to keep the  Foreign tax recognition at  safe harbor level

(b) Are you reporting ONLY foreign taxes paid on dividend / interests  or is there more foreign taxes paid ?   For example do you have foreign capital gain ? 

(c) Is your tax home in the US or are you abroad ?

I am asking these questions because  the info provided so far  does  not allow me to understand  why the TurboTax appear to be misbehaving .  Please answer  and I will circle back

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies