Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to add form 2555

The instructions say to click certain links, but I cannot find them. How do I report my foreign earned income on form 2555?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How to add form 2555

@catblas-gmail-cowrote:  How to add form 2555.
The instructions say to click certain links, but I cannot find them. How do I report my foreign earned income on form 2555?

I'll assume you've already started a return and answered part of the return interview such as the "My Info" section, etc.  Here's a shortcut to the foreign earned income section:

• With your return interview open, go to the top right corner and click on the Search icon (magnifying glass).
  • In the search window, enter the term foreign earned income without quotes, then either click the adjacent magnifying glass or choose "foreign earned income" from the dropdown menu.
  • Then you should see a blue link jump to foreign earned income.  Click that.
  • Next screen should be titled "Did you make any money outside the United States."

Just in case you end up needing it, here's an alternate shortcut option to get to the same place:

• Assuming you're using Online TurboTax, with your return interview open go to the left menu column and click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools popup choose blue button TOPIC SEARCH.
  • In the search box enter foreign earned income without quotes.
  • In the list of results, highlight foreign earned income to select it and click GO.
  • Next screen should be titled "Did you make any money outside the United States."
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies