Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ehale

How do you get charitable contributions to properly pass through from a K1 to Schedule A for TurboTax 2023?

Part III of Charitable Contributions Summary doesn't include K1 sourced cash contributions to charity. Schedule A doesn't include K1 sourced contributions to charity.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do you get charitable contributions to properly pass through from a K1 to Schedule A for TurboTax 2023?

I'm running into the very same problem. Something is broken in both the worksheets for charitable contributions as they relate to K-1 contributions, and in the (missing) inclusion of those contributions on Schedule A.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You can enter your charitable contributions manually under federal deductions and credits. Your k-1 entry shows the allowed deduction.

@høeg 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi AmyC,

I appreciate your input, thank you.

Yes, it can be done manually as you say, but that doesn't quite solve the problem in this case. The problem is that TT is failing to properly populate Schedule A with K-1 charitable deductions for S-corps (box 12). I can force the deduction by doing what you suggest, but TT then shows a double deduction while only calculating a single one. TT also specifically cautions against entering K-1 S-corp deductions manually because it claims to already have done so for you – and it has accounted for it by evidence of the worksheets, it just hasn't apparently incorporated it into the math engine ... at least the engine appears broken no matter what we try, and its not that the deductions aren't allowable.

It's ultimately fine as my colleagues and I have managed to hack around the problem doing exactly what you suggest, and as far as the erroneous double deduction that shows up, it only appears on worksheets (and in the Deductions & Credits page in the TT interface), not any part of the official return.

Hans

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies