Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove the School Property Tax Credit from the WI Form 1?

I am eligible for the Veterans Property Tax Credit, but Turbo Tax automatically applies the School Property Tax Credit and I can't remove it. Unable to submit the State return electronically because of this glitch.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

How do I remove the School Property Tax Credit from the WI Form 1?

If you've input your Veterans and Surviving Property Tax Credit information correctly in TurboTax, the School Property Tax Credit won't generate. To check your entries in TurboTax Online: 

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the State Taxes box, then select StartContinue, Pick up where you left off, or Review/Edit
  3. If you land on a Wisconsin interview page, select Let's get started, Continue or other similar prompt.  Otherwise, in the left pane, select Prepare State, then proceed through the Wisconsin screens
  4. Proceed through the state screens until you get to the Take a look at Wisconsin credits and taxes page
  5. You'll probably see your School Property Tax Credit and the generated credit amount near the top of the screen.  Leave it alone for now
  6. Scroll down the page and select Start or Revisit to the right of Veterans and Surviving Property Tax Credit 
  7. Since you qualify for the veterans tax credit, select Yes on the Veterans and Surviving Spouses Tax Credit screen
  8. On the next Veterans and Surviving Spouses Tax Credit screen, select Continue
  9. On the next Veterans and Surviving Spouses Tax Credit screen, enter your Eligible Property Taxes Paid During 2023, then select Continue
  10. You should be returned to the Take a look at Wisconsin credits and taxes page.  There, you should see that your Veterans and Surviving Property Tax Credit has generated, and your School Property Tax Credit has disappeared
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies