turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shvydko

How do I include Illinois property tax credit to income State tax return in Turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

How do I include Illinois property tax credit to income State tax return in Turbotax?

To enter your Illinois property tax information in TurboTax Online: 

1. Open TurboTax Online
  2. Select  Tax Home in the left pane
  3. On the  Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the State Taxes box, then select StartContinue, or Pick up where you left off
  4. Proceed through the state screens until you come to Take a look at Illinois credits and taxes
  5. Select the Start box to the right of Property tax credit
  6. Proceed through the following screens, answering as appropriate

See Am I eligible for a property tax credit? in the 2023 Schedule ICR IL-1040 Instructions for eligibility information. 

I have followed the directions in the response, but when I go to complete my state review, it keeps bringing me back to the property tax page saying "Needs Review".  When I review, there are only two boxes to complete, I've checked them and completed them, but it continues to say "Needs "Review" which is preventing me from completing my Illinois state return.  Please advise.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

If you're in the Online version of TurboTax, try clearing your browser's cache and deleting your cookies.  See the TurboTax Help articles How to clear your cache and How do I delete cookies? for guidance. 

Then, close the browser and re-open it.  Go back into TurboTax and see if the issue is resolved. 

If not, your best bet may be to delete your state return and start it over again.  See the TurboTax Help article How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online? for guidance.  If you're using the Desktop version, see the TurboTax Help article How do I clear my state return in the TurboTax for Windows software?.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies