turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ZengFreeman
Returning Member

How do I generate a grantor information statement based on the K1 I received

The K1 I received has ordinary dividends, qualified dividends, and net short term capital gain, 

The first question is that shall I create one entry for ordinary dividends, and another for qualified diviends, or simple treat them as one since it refers to the same income.

Second is on the K1, in the section 14 Other information, has entry H: adjustment for section 1411 net investment income or deductions. It has big negative number in this entry H under section 14 but it did not match the income number. I have no idea how to intrepret that. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I generate a grantor information statement based on the K1 I received

@ZengFreeman wrote:

The K1 I received has ordinary dividends, qualified dividends, and net short term capital gain...

You do not need to create a second K-1 in TurboTax for those items of income. Enter the figures as requested during the interview.

@ZengFreeman wrote:

Second is on the K1, in the section 14 Other information, has entry H: adjustment for section 1411 net investment income or deductions.

The 14H is simply an adjustment for the Net Investment Income Tax which you may not even be subject to, so simply enter that figure into the program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies