Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gatorcruz
Returning Member

How do I delete / edit my "Self Employed Health Insurance" to $0 or nothing?

I am trying to delete / edit my "Self Employed Health Insurance" to $0 or nothing.  I have the ACA and somehow I must have entered something that made Turbotax 2019 think my  sole-proprietorship paid for my health insurance.  It is causing a flag because a FORM 8941-T was being filed.

I tried editing or deleting this entry to $0 or DELETE or omit but there is no option to do this.  How can I edit this?

FYI, I am trying to edit this entry under the "BUSINESS" tab, within the "Business Income & Expenses" section, in the area heading of "Less Common Business Situations" and line "Self-Employed Health Insurance".... This should be at $0.00 or blank because it is NOT applicable but it has a dollar amount in it which is causing a flag error during review (I have insurance personally through the ACA).  Yet, I cannot edit this at all.  I tried the "Visit All" option and the specific line"Update" option but none led to any opportunity to change / edit it :Note, everything else in this sub- section is $0.00, except for the "Self-Employed Health Insurance" line... HELP!

Thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

@gatorcruz wrote:

I am trying to delete / edit my "Self Employed Health Insurance" to $0 or nothing. 

It is causing a flag because a FORM 8941-T was being filed.

DON'T change it to zero or anything with the Self Employed Health Insurance deduction.  Form 8941 is completely separate from that, so don't mess that with your deduction.

As for getting rid of Form 8941, have you tried entering that in the search box in the program?  That should hopefully take you to that section, and you can hopefully un-check that box or whatever for that Form.

JWA2

I have the exact same challenge. Somehow I put a premium amount in the "self employed health insurance " line but it is incorrect. I want to delete it but I am unable to find a way to do that.  Thank you.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Try the steps below to edit the Health Insurance

To delete your self-employed health insurance for business deduction:

1. Go to the Federal Taxes tab.
  2. Click Edit next to Self-employment income and expenses.
  3. Click Edit next to your company name.
  4. On the next screen, scroll down to the Expenses section and click the trash can next to Health Insurance Premiums.

his is one deduction you don’t want to miss on your taxes. If you’re a self-employed person, you may deduct up to 100% of the health insurance premiums you paid during the year. To take the deduction, you must meet certain criteria.  

See the link below for more information:  Health inurance Premiums Deduction

@JWA2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JWA2

Thank you ! That works!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies