How do I deduct mortgage interest paid to a private party? There is no place in the personal deductions section to add her SSN information?

I did not get a 1098 from this private party mortgage contract. In years past I could add and input their SSN to deduct the mortgage interest paid. Can't find that option?

There is a place to enter the SSN of the person you paid the interest to. Navigate to the section:

• In your open return, select My Account
  • Tools
  • Topic Search
  • Type '1098' in the box, then select GO

On the page, Do any of these uncommon situations apply to your loan with Mortgage Insurance Premium?, select the 2nd radio button, then continue to enter their SSN. See attached.