• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidalex_2000

How do I deduct money used from my HSA account.

Where do I enter information from form 5498SA in the tax file.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK

Form 5498-SA reports contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA), Archer MSA, or Medicare Advantage MSA.

You don't enter this form into TurboTax; your account custodian sends it to you for informational purposes only. We recommend that you keep it with your tax return records.

You'll get Form 1099-SA if you used funds in your Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Medical Savings Account (MSA) to pay for health care expenses.

Please read this TurboTax FAQ for additional information on "Where do I enter my 1099-SA?": Where do I enter my 1099-SA?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomK

Form 5498-SA reports contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA), Archer MSA, or Medicare Advantage MSA.

You don't enter this form into TurboTax; your account custodian sends it to you for informational purposes only. We recommend that you keep it with your tax return records.

You'll get Form 1099-SA if you used funds in your Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Medical Savings Account (MSA) to pay for health care expenses.

Please read this TurboTax FAQ for additional information on "Where do I enter my 1099-SA?": Where do I enter my 1099-SA?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v