hdiagne

Home office expenses are no longer deductible from federal income, but can I deduct them from my Virginia taxable income ?

Ashby

I live in Virginia and in the past, the state just honors the federal income and your state return flows from there. Virginia has not officially announced whether or not they are going to do anything differently then the new tax reform laws. Although, you can still submit your state return. As of right now, it is not a separate deduction on the Virginia return.

All this being said, I'm assuming your are an employee with a home office. You can still take a home office deduction if you are self-employed.

Ashby