Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Home office deduction

my wife is a real estate agent. All her income is on 1099-MISC, and she made money after expenses in 2018.  I want to deduct a portion of our home as her office  When I enter it into TT it tells me it won't matter because my wife did not make any money in 2018.  Help!

1 Reply
Level 3

Home office deduction

The home in office should go with her Schedule C.

1.  Click Federal on the left-hand side menu.

2.  Click Income across the top.

3.  Scroll down to Self-Employment and click Show more.

4.  Click Start or Revisit by Income and Expenses.

Under Expenses, you're going to select Home Office.  You'll enter the interview for that section.

As for your erroneous entry, go back and delete the entry that you made originally.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings