cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

Home office assets & improvements - question deleted

received reply - no longer need an answer


1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 17

Home office assets & improvements - question deleted

You are correct.

5 Replies
Level 11

Home office assets & improvements - question deleted

As Lisa said, it is added as a separate asset, as an "Improvement".


However, a few things about your post concern me.

First, you said you use the Home Office 80% of the time as a self employed business.  What about the other 20%?  Personal?  As a W-2 employee where your employer REQUIRES you to work out of your Home Office?  Something else?

Second, the entire renovation does not get entered.  Only the portion that affects the Home Office.  So remodeling your kitchen would not be added in.  Adding a roof, furnace, or siding would because it affects the Home Office.  For any direct renovation to the Home Office itself, you would add a third asset that is 100% business use.
Level 17

Home office assets & improvements - question deleted

all valid concerns, I wasn't going to open a can of worms though...just answered the question!  😃
Level 11

Home office assets & improvements - question deleted

Apparently the OP may realize there are problems, as she has now deleted the question.
Level 17

Home office assets & improvements - question deleted

You are correct.

Level 1

Home office assets & improvements - question deleted

thanks lisa995. first time posting a question, didn't realize it would open a can of worms