turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yogie1016

Hello there, where do I find the taxes paid on my home, is this in the 1098 form in the first line, Mortgage interest received from payer borrower

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM

Hello there, where do I find the taxes paid on my home, is this in the 1098 form in the first line, Mortgage interest received from payer borrower

No, that box 1 figure will just be the mortgage interest you paid.  Your property taxes may not be on the 1098.

The older 1098 forms (pre-2016) used to put property taxes in box 4, which was a blank "write-in" box.  But now there's no specific box for property taxes (box 4 is now "refund of overpaid interest").  Unless you see a box with "property taxes" or "real estate taxes" typed in (box 11 "Other" is a possibility), then the taxes probably aren't shown on the 1098.

If you're unsure what you paid, and you pay your taxes rolled into your mortgage payment, then you may need to give your mortgage lender a call.  In addition, many counties/municipalities have on their web site a property tax database accessible to the public.  If so, you can enter some brief identifying info and verify property taxes you paid, usually going back several years.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies