Hello, I didn’t receive much income in 2019. Is th...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I didn’t receive much income in 2019. Is there still a way I can qualify for the child tax credits? I have three children who have lived with me all year under the age of 18

2 Replies
Level 15

Hello, I didn’t receive much income in 2019. Is there still a way I can qualify for the child tax credits? I have three children who have lived with me all year under the age of 18

Just file your tax return correctly. There are no special or hidden tricks. If you have some income earned from working, you will qualify for at least a partial credit.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Level 15

How did you support them with a very low income?  Did you/they live with another adult?  If so, that person might be able to claim them (and perhaps you)  as dependents.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings