Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tgeldert

Has anyone had any issues with filing MN return due to missing information on home interest and points not report on 1098?

I keep getting an error when i'm trying to file my MN return stating that it couldn't be processed for e-filing due to incorrect or missing information on your Home mortage interest and points not reported on federal Form 1098.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
plstopfer

Has anyone had any issues with filing MN return due to missing information on home interest and points not report on 1098?

Having the same issue.  Appears to be an error between the Federal form and what is pulled into the MN MS1A form.

Yes, I have refiled a few times now and I get different errors/instructions to fix the issue each time. I'm not sure what to do!
MMMstates

I also have the same issue.  In my case, I think it's triggered by having points being carried over from
a house refinance several years ago.  After years of filing itemized deductions on schedule A, I'm now taking the standard deduction.  I'm no tax expert but as best I can figure out, I think the MN return is looking for info from Schedule A.  To complicate matters, line 10 on MN MS1A is used for both a seller-financed mortgage situation and the situation where points are spread over the life of the loan (also no 1098 for tax year 2018). TurboTax's "solution" is to say "yes" to the question about buying from a seller who didn't give me a 1098 and asks me to give their ID # (SSN) and address of the seller.  However, that solution isn't relevant to my situation.  After several phone calls to TurboTax support and tech support with no real progress, I decided to just enter a bunch of 0's for ID # and enter "not applicable" in the address line on MS1A but I wasn't able to manually type an entry in the boxes on the form.  The solution from TurboTax says to enter the info on my FEDERAL taxes but I don't have a Schedule A.  I think the MS1A worksheet is trying to pull from a Schedule A that I don't have.  My federal return was accepted and when I called the MN Revenue Service, they told me they think this is a software issue.  They would accept a return without the ID#/address on line 10 for a points carryover situation but it seems that TurboTax can't go forward without it.  And even though TurboTax says the state of MN rejected it, the MN Revenue service looked up my account and has no record of even receiving a transmission, much less rejecting it.  I'm going to give TurboTax a week or so to fix it, and then I'm submitting my forms manually and requesting that TurboTax refund my state filing fee.  I'm posting a summary of my layman's attempt to sort this out as a last hope that someone pays attention and fixes it!
sakkab

same issue, hope TurboTax finds a fix soon to the software glitch
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies