Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fjeff

Form1095-A

I used Turbotax to file my daughter taxes. She claim her neice as a dependent. her dependent is in college and received a Form 1095-A with November marked with a dollar amount.  IRS rejected her initial return because it didn't include the Form 1095-A informtion. When The information is entered it list my daughter as receiving the Form 1095-A. She received a Form 1095-C. How do she report the Form 1095-A information with only her dependent listed. Getting many errors when the information is submitted during error check in Turbo Tax. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Form1095-A

Because your daughter has claimed the niece as a dependent, it's her responsibility to report it on her return. 

from IRS. 

A6. For purposes of the Premium Tax Credit, your “family” consists of yourself, your spouse if filing jointly, and all other individuals whom you claim as dependents. Your “family size” is the number of individuals in your “family.

Household income. For purposes of the PTC, household income is the modified adjusted gross income (modified AGI) of you and your spouse (if filing a joint return) (see Line 2a, later) plus the modified AGI of each individual whom you claim as a dependent and who is required to file an income tax return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies