Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 5695 - Residential Energy Credits

TurboTax (Deluxe) seems to be conflating the Residential Clean Energy Credit (Part I of Form 5695) with the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit (Part II).  

My only credit is for solar electric property costs which is Part I.  Yet the only way TT will accept this is if I answer  yes that I made "energy-efficient improvements" which are covered by Part II Section A (aptly entitled Qualified Energy Efficiency Improvements).  This triggers several Yes/No interview questions that are from Part II Section A.  Again, I made no such improvements. The interview also asks if I have any Residential Energy Property Expenditures (Part II Section B) which I do not.

At the error check prior to filing TT says I also need to answer the other Yes/No questions in Part II Section B and add my address, and won't let me file the return until I answer these questions.  I went into the form itself and deleted all the answers in Part II (Sections A and B) because they don't apply but the error check says they need to be answered.

In short, I should not have to enter anything in Part II in order to get my credit from Part I.  TT thinks otherwise.   Am I missing something?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Form 5695 - Residential Energy Credits

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies