Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

willazoe

Form 1040, Schedule 3, line 6z Other NonRefundable Credits

Does anyone know how I can access Schedule 3, line 6z in TurboTax?  I click through the Credit screens under Deductions and Credits but can't get find access to line 6z.

Our Edvest distribution to our son mistakenly listed my spouse as the recipient of a 1099-q distribution. The College Savings distribution was not for eligible expenses. EdVest will not correct the 1099 for the distribution that went directly into our son's bank account because we originated it online. I am planning to reverse the taxable earnings portion on Schedule 1, but I can't find a way to access Schedule 3, line 6z in TurboTax in order to reverse the additional 10% tax.  I may need to file in paper, but want to ask here before I resort to that.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Form 1040, Schedule 3, line 6z Other NonRefundable Credits

If your Social Security Number is listed on the 1099-Q (and it would be if you made the distribution) you are responsible for the tax. 

Going forward, if the account will not be used for education, it might be rolled into a Roth account and bypass the penalty tax. 

529 rollover

“Under SECURE 2.0, it will soon be possible to perform a rollover from a 529 educational savings plan to a beneficiary's Roth IRA up to a certain dollar limit. Many of our clients have leftover money in their 529 plans after their children finish college and may be able to use this new rollover provision.”

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies