Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Foreign Dividend Income on K-1 (Form 1041)

I input all of the information from my K-1, and now I'm supposed to enter detail about foreign income reported (Box 14 on K-1 reported foreign taxes). I don't know what to input for gross income sourced at beneficiary level, or the breakdown of the gross income for US and foreign. 

I do have a form attached to my K-1 that lists the following amounts for foreign dividend income: qualified portion on K-1 (for line 2b) and total included on K-1 (for line 2a). On that same page, there is also foreign tax credit information, which lists country, gross income, and taxes. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
jtax
Level 10

Foreign Dividend Income on K-1 (Form 1041)

For gross income sourced at bene level I would put the total income shown on the K-1 that you received. Probably box 14, code E. 

For the breakdown I would enter as foreign the amount of foreign dividends in the statement. The difference should be automatically put in the US part by TT or you can do the subtraction.

Not sure what to do with the country indication. If the entity got the income from investments I would consider using "RIC" (regulated investment company) as the country. Not sure that is correct if the income was not from mutual funds (e.g. stocks or operating businesses).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies