Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smfmdj

For the Child Care Tax Credit, Turbotax doesn't ask if the payments were made through an FSA. Do I enter the total & TT figures it out, or do I just have to know?

For the Child Care Tax Credit, Turbotax doesn't ask if the payments were made through an FSA. Other than a question about having an unspent balance, it didn't ask me details about my FSA anywhere else either. Do I enter the total & Turbotax figures it out, or do I just have to know to enter only expenses that were not paid with FSA dollars?

If so, that's a big shortcoming on Turbotax's part.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

For the Child Care Tax Credit, Turbotax doesn't ask if the payments were made through an FSA. Do I enter the total & TT figures it out, or do I just have to know?

Your FSA amount is included in Box 10 of your W-2.   If you enter the amount in Box 10, the program will ask you a couple of questions in the W-2 input screens regarding child care and your FSA.

The program will then automatically take your FSA amount from Box 10 of your W-2 into account for calculating your Child Care Tax Credit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Your FSA amount is included in Box 10 of your W-2.   If you enter the amount in Box 10, the program will ask you a couple of questions in the W-2 input screens regarding child care and your FSA.

The program will then automatically take your FSA amount from Box 10 of your W-2 into account for calculating your Child Care Tax Credit.

smfmdj

Thank you so much for the answer and the speed!

Can I recommend a note in the program stating something like: If you use an FSA, we're already taking that into account.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies