Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fed Rvw Error Check reports that a Sched D entry for date sold is not a date in the current tax year. Date is 11/09/2018. Why is that not in the current tax year?

The date error occurs for every 11/09/2018 transaction in the return - which is all of the entries (i.e. there were no dates accepted).  In addition, the gain/loss summary miscalculated the loss - we even went back to look at the effect of rounding on the individual entries and it still came up with a $51 loss when it should have been $49.36).  At $170 for TurboTax Business, this is a little more hand-calculating than I was hoping for.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
tdm
Returning Member

Fed Rvw Error Check reports that a Sched D entry for date sold is not a date in the current tax year. Date is 11/09/2018. Why is that not in the current tax year?

I received a response to your first inquiry concerning the error message "entry for date sold is not a date in the current tax year."  The solution is to modify the information worksheet to calendar year.  Here's a link with more details:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4706505-trust-return-review-shows-message-entry-for-date-sold-is-n...  It worked for me.

That didn't work for me.  I'm also getting that message for a Trust that was sold on 05/06/2019 and I'm currently doing the taxes for 2019.  I think I'm just going to have to ignore that error message. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies