Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error: Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit Comp Wks": Total FEI - Dedns must be entered- what to put?

I live outside the UK and am paying tax in another country so I would like to claim a foreign tax credit. I do not have any deductions I am claiming. I have completed form 1116, but have received this error: Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit Comp Wks": Total FEI - Dedns must be entered. When looking at the worksheet, it suggests that the empty field is "12.a.2. Total foreign earned income (FEI) less related deductions". Do I simply need to restate my foreign earned income total?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Error: Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit Comp Wks": Total FEI - Dedns must be entered- what to put?

From TT's  on demand guidance:

If you excluded foreign income on Form 2555, enter on line 12a1 the amount of foreign earned income excluded (Form 2555, line 45) reduced by any itemized deductions that relate to the foreign income excluded.

Enter your total foreign earned income for the year on line 12a2. This is the total foreign earned income from Form 2555 (both copies), line 26, reduced by deductible expenses allocable to that foreign earned income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies