mcg1023

Enter mileage in Home and Business

Under Business > Business Income & Expenses > Business Expenses, there is a section where I enter my business mileage.

Then under Personal > Deductions & Credits > Employment Expenses, there is another section to enter mileage.  Should I be entering my mileage twice?  Once in each section?

LinaJ2018

Enter mileage in Home and Business

No, you do not want to enter the same information twice.  The first path is for mileages from vehicle you used for business related as a self employed.  If you are a W-2 employee and use your vehicle for your job, you would enter info by following the second path.  

LinaJ2018

Enter mileage in Home and Business

sherri168

Enter mileage in Home and Business

The form won"t let me erase it. What can I do?