Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CTinOC

Electronic filing rejected: FED_1040_QCD

When I e-filed my return on 2/24/23 it was rejected.  The message I received reads:  "FED_1040_QCD - There is a potential issue with the calculation regarding Qualified Charity Distribution from a retirement account."  I was instructed to check back after the updates and reopen my return and the details about what needs updating would be displayed.  Further, it was stated "we can walk you through making the updates . . . ."  Ten days have passed and I reopened my return, installed all updates, but there is nothing about what needs attention.  My entire RMD was a QCD.  The return which was rejected shows QCD on IRA Distributions Line 4b and the amount is correct.  I have been doing this for several years and never had an issue with it.  But I did notice that this year there was a new formula for figuring your RMD.  My computation matched the figures supplied by the institution where my IRA is located and that is the amount of my QCD.  I am at a loss to now what needs updating.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
maglib
Level 11

@CTinOC   follow these directions to update the software manually.  So sorry that something so simple isn't working easily.  I don't work for TT.  Just trying to help.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/update-products/manually-update-turbotax...

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
CTinOC

Thanks for trying to help. I had no problem updating; however, the problem was there were no instructions provided by TurboTax on how to correct the issue which caused my efilings to be rejected as they had informed would be available.  So, being very sure that my returns were correct, I took a chance and tried efiling again and even though I'd made no changes, both my Federal and State returns were accepted.  So, it seems like that is a good indicator that there was nothing wrong with my returns in the first place, but an issue with the TurboTax program.  Very frustrating!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies