Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-File problem with form 5695, Energy Efficient Credits

I have experienced an accuracy issue when I e-filed my return which contained Form 5695.  This form became available in Turbo Tax on 2/8.  I filled in this form on that date, double checked and printed a copy of my return.  Then I e-filed it.  As the time grew closer to my refund scheduling date without any update, I logged into my IRS account and viewed the transcript of my return.  Everything was correct, except the figures on form 5695.  All the entries were multiplied by 100.   11 thousand, became 1.1 million.  8 thousand,  became 800 thousand, etc.  I spoke to someone at Turbo Tax and they said it must have been an IRS glitch.   IRS said it was definitely a Turbo Tax  mistake.  First question:  Does anybody know what really happened?  Again, all transmitted figures were accurate, except for form 5695.  All figures on 5695 were inaccurate.  Second question:  Anybody else that filed form 5695 with their return experience this issue?  Needless to say my refund is now very much on hold and I am awaiting a letter from the IRS to see what happens next.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

While I don't know what happened to your 5695, I do know that if the IRS sends a letter, you can submit a corrected form 5695 and they will be able to process your return. The IRS may ask for an amended return but usually they prefer to correct the original return. Many forms can be easily uploaded to the IRS and you should have that option when you receive a letter. If not, call and let them know that you want to upload the form and they will give you directions.

Reference: How do I amend my federal tax return for this year?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the advice. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies