Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to report contributions to my go fund me fundraiser? 2568$ donated to me

And if I do have to report, how?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Do I have to report contributions to my go fund me fundraiser? 2568$ donated to me

As a gift the funds will not be taxed. If you receive a K-1 post again if you need help excluding it from income. 

@Bsch4477 

It would be a 1099-K, not a K-1.

@johnreeves42 

Free will gifts, for any reason, are not taxable income.  However, they are not tax deductible expenses for the giver, either as charity or as medical expenses, and you can get it trouble if you promised people a tax deduction or gave receipts indicating the gift was tax-deductible.

If you promised to do something in return for money (such as provide a product or service), then you may be considered self-employed and the income may be taxable and you would be required to report it as a self-employed business.  

We would need more details of the situation if you were providing products or services. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies