Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do i file self emplyment if i worked for a temping agency all year claiming fuel and job supplies?

How do i claim fuel and job related supplies with saying its self emplyment

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do i file self emplyment if i worked for a temping agency all year claiming fuel and job supplies?

If you were a W-2 employee working for a temp agency, you will only claim unreimbursed job expenses as an employee in the following area.

• Type in 2106 in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass
  • Click the jump to 2106 link in the search results.
  • Follow the prompts and onscreen instructions

If you were not a W-2 employee (ie.1099 contractor), you would enter your income and expenses as self employed. If that was the case, Simply follow these steps to enter your income from self-employment.  .

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you were a W-2 employee working for a temp agency, you will only claim unreimbursed job expenses as an employee in the following area.

• Type in 2106 in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass
  • Click the jump to 2106 link in the search results.
  • Follow the prompts and onscreen instructions

If you were not a W-2 employee (ie.1099 contractor), you would enter your income and expenses as self employed. If that was the case, Simply follow these steps to enter your income from self-employment.  .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies