Do i enter paid moving expenses even though it is paid by the employer in box 1 on W2 and the expenses were less than what the employer had given me?

Yes you can, provided the reimbursement is included on the W-2, Box 1.

Whether your employer reimburses you or not for any of the following expenses, they are deductible from your income net of any reimbursement.

• Household Goods and personal effects, includes cost of van, packing, crating, insurance, disconnecting & reconnecting utilities, and all appliances, satellite dishes, antennas, cable, etc.
  • Storage of household goods and personal items within a period of 30 consecutive days.
  • Shipping a car, motorcycle, boat, and pets.
  • Rental vans plus gas, oil, tolls, and parking fees.
  • Tips for the movers, includes cost of food items, donuts, coffee, pizza and sodas, etc.
  • Cost of any packing supplies you purchase for personal packing.
  • Moving a college student.
  • Transportation from Temporary living to your permanent home.
  • Rental car for final move up to four days – 3 days in old location – 1 day in new location.
  • The IRS has adjusted the standard mileage allowances for use of a car in travel to 19.5 cents per mile for moving expenses.
The IRS has a great tool on their website called "Can I deduct my moving expenses?" Just click this link, answer a few questions and the tool will tell exactly what you can  deduct and for how much:  http://www.irs.gov/uac/Can-I-Deduct-My-Moving-Expenses%3F