Do i claim child care expenses if i use DHS funded daycare ERDC for most of my childcare

You are only allowed to claim the expense that you paid out of pocket. The maximum amount of child care expenses that can be included per child is $3,000; so. if you've used $3,000 in free funds to pay for care you will not qualify to claim the credit. If you haven't used free money to pay for $3,000 in benefits per child, then you will qualify to claim a credit for the portion of care you paid out of pocket.

So if you’ve paid $5500 over 12 months for two children in copays for ERDC, but DHS has paid the its $8000, you can’t claim the credit?