Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vsec340
Returning Member

Disregard! 2023 Nebraska 1040N, Social Security Income Credit - Disregard!

Disregard my question.  I found my answer buried in Schedule I, Part B, Line 15 - Benefits paid by the Railroad Retirement Board.  My taxable social security numbers are included in this line item; therefore, all is good.

I’m I not entitled to this credit?  Apparently, TurboTax does not think so.  I’m using TT Premier CD version.

1040N instructions for Schedule 1, Part B, Line 28 says that if line 5 of Form 1040N exceeds $66,510 for MFJ or $49,310 for all other filing statuses, multiply the amount of Social Security income shown on line 6b, Federal Form 1040 or 1040-SR, page 1, by 60% and enter on line 28.

I have just over $200,000 on line 5, Nebraska 1040N.  My Federal 1040-SR, line 6b (taxable social security) is just over 40,000. My filing status is MFJ.

TurboTax does not automatically populate Schedule I, Part B, Line 28.

I’m I not entitled to the 60% reduction in taxable social security income?  To enter a number, I’m forced to use the “override” command and when I put in my dollar amount it's in red while all other credit line dollar amounts are in black.

Would appreciate any input that clarifies this for me – thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies