Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jvd13290
Returning Member

Disaster Distribution for 2022 Hurricane Ian

to TurboTax

FYI:  Let me try to explain better.  In 2022 I took an extra $15000 from my IRA to cover the Hurricane Ian damage.  Turbo Tax NEVER ASKED ME about a Disaster Distribution.  I just tried to complete my 2023 Turbo Tax.  It now asks me if I took a Disaster Distribution in 2018 - 2022....which I did.  The error message that displays is telling me to wait for the programming fix and to file at a later time.  I communicated with a Turbo Tax expert about the 2022 error.  She provided me with no solution except to file for the GUARANTEE of $60 for a refund of the cost of the CD program.  I went to TWO different CPA firms in order to file an amended return for 2022.........neither of them agreed to help me.   Again, how long is it going to take Turbo Tax to fix the program error and allow me to file an amended 2022 tax return????  How long is Turbo Tax going to take to fix my 2023 return so that I can file my 2023 taxes??????

JVD 13290

to TurboTax

Since my E mails directly to Turbo Tax come back an undeliverable.....this is the only method I have to communicate with them regarding my dilemna not being able to file 2023 taxes and not being able to amend my 2022 tax return to incorporate the Distribution for 2022!!!!!!!!

FYI:  Let me try to explain better.  In 2022 I took an extra $15000 from my IRA to cover the Hurricane Ian damage.  Turbo Tax NEVER ASKED ME about a Disaster Distribution.  I just tried to complete my 2023 Turbo Tax.  It now asks me if I took a Disaster Distribution in 2018 - 2022....which I did.  The error message that displays is telling me to wait for the programming fix and to file at a later time.  I communicated with a Turbo Tax expert about the 2022 error.  She provided me with no solution except to file for the GUARANTEE of $60 for a refund of the cost of the CD program.  I went to TWO different CPA firms in order to file an amended return for 2022.........neither of them agreed to help me.   Again, how long is it going to take Turbo Tax to fix the program error and allow me to file an amended 2022 tax return????  How long is Turbo Tax going to take to fix my 2023 return so that I can file my 2023 taxes??????

JVD 13290
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies